Hello I was wondering, is it possible to switch a phone from straight talk to T-mobile without unlocking it?
    07-16-2015 03:11 PM
    Straight Talk uses all 4 of the major carriers, AT&T, Sprint, TMobile and Verizon. If the phone ia currently on TMobile you can use it - it's locked to TMobile SIMs. If it's on AT&T you'd have to have it unlocked, but you first have to make sure that it'll work - see Cellular frequencies - Wikipedia to see what frequencies TMobile uses, then check your phone's specs (GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more... lists frequencies, among other things, for each phone) to see if it will work there.

If you can't figure it out, post the model number of the phone (not the name - most "names" come in at least a few different models - like an "S3" could be an i9300 - or it could be a different model number) and I or someone else here can match the numbers up for you.
    07-16-2015 03:21 PM
    I was going to buy a phone off of craigslist but the seller says he used it on straight talk. So are you saying that it would have to be unlocked? I just want to be able to use it on tmobile.
    07-16-2015 03:58 PM
    Interesting...

How about the iPhones that walmart sells for Straight Talk?
    For example the 5S is $150 and i think the i6 is $400- which is nearly the going rate to buy these models on the black market out here hehe.

Also, if they will work can I just buy it and use the included sim on my existing T-Mobile plan? Or do I have to buy an actual Tmob branded sim? I assume it comes with either a Tmob or StraightTalk Sim, yes?

I recently ported my number from Sprint as to TMob part of a family plan but I wasn't crazy about the whole pay full price for a device but will break it up over 2 years and really stick it to ya program. So I returned my phone and now I have nothing but an inactive Sprint iPhone 6+.. therefore I need something pronto.

If these won't work can you advise? I went to walmart.com and shopped their tmob selection but it seems StraightTalk has the iPhones I want...

Thanks in advance!
    06-26-2016 05:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You may want to check out Straight Talk's unlock policy here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=AqkF0vts.
    06-26-2016 09:37 PM
    my model number is LGL53BL. cAN I USE IT ON THE TMOBILE NETWORK
    12-07-2016 09:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It should work, since it supports T-Mobile's LTE bands. However, you may have to go through TracFone to carrier-unlock the device: https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/wps/portal/home
    12-07-2016 01:29 PM
    looking for some help.

My Mother in her 80's now purchased a straight talk pre paid phone s336c samsung flip phone at wal mart. She is currently with Tmobile on my plan. She wants the feature of voice recognition which is on this specific phone.

We were looking for where to put a sim card to see if it would work on my t mobile plan...no luck locating spot. this new phone was not activated. Its frequency runs on band 2, i think. CDMI, not GSM.

I'm not certain if this prepaid phone is a locked phone or not.

I did read the straight talk policy and trac phone unlocking policy that was provided by someone here on this forum.

I'm thinking this is a wash out and not possible for her to use on my plan. And I have had no luck in finding a flip phone for T Mobile with microphone/voice recognition for text messaging.

guidance/suggestions much appreciated! Thanks.
    01-02-2017 12:28 PM
    Straight Talk sells phones for every major carrier's towers. The clue is on the box when you buy the phone. Sounds like Mom got a CDMA phone.

On the box, look at the map of the US in the bottom left corner:
    • Red is Verizon
    • Blue is AT&T
    • Magenta is T-Mobile
    • Yellow is Sprint

I'd take the phone back for a refund since it is incompatible with her plan...

Also, watch out for 2G only phones as that network is being phased out almost everywhere.
    01-02-2017 01:03 PM
    is it possible to switch my straight talk SM-S975L(GP) to T mobile??
    10-09-2017 05:23 PM