How do I close the 50 tabs that are open and preventing me from any further internet access?

A

AC Question

I've closed all tabs (using 'button' at bottom left of phone). I've tried to follow the prompts (cannot find 'tabs' icon). I've shut down and restarted phone. I've shut down and restarted internet. When I try to open a new screen get message "Unable to open new tab. The maximum number of tabs (50) has been reached. Tap the Tabs icon on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, close some tabs, then try again"... Please help!

T Busby

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Open up settings and select the application manager option. Navigate to the browser you are using and press 'clear data'. This will reset all your data on the internet application and remove bookmarks, history, open tabs etc..

Andrew Anderson5

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Do not be fooled into clicking the tabs button on your phone, there's also no need to delete your data, at the bottom of the browser on the right side you can see the small Icon for Tabs (Just to the right of the Bookmarks icon) click it, it opens all 50 tabs, select more from the top right corner of the screen and delete them from there!

Hope this helps!

Marilyn King1

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
This reply is for the Note 4. If you open the browser and look at the URL line, you will see all the tabs loading and it will go all the way up to 50. Press on the icon that shows the number 50 and it will open all the individual pages with a - (minus) sign. Select the minus sign for all that you wish to delete. It is easy once you figure it out and quick to take care of.

Cornbread211

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Your Phone is in EasyMode if you do not see the the tabs icon on the bottom of the pages. You will need to put you device in Standard Mode or you can turn the Internet option off in your EasyMode settings. :D:D

getchris

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Excellent! This was amazing. I couldnt believe all the tabs were still there even though I clicked that close all button which did nothing basically. Thanks to you I have their secret!

Timmac77

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Bottomline, go to SETTINGS and turn off EASY MODE SET TO STANDARD MODE. go back to internet and there will be a number in lower right corner. touch 50 then the MORE in upper right. close all is the option

getchris

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Andrew!!!!!!!!

Do not be fooled into clicking the tabs button on your phone, there's also no need to delete your data, at the bottom of the browser on the right side you can see the small Icon for Tabs (Just to the right of the Bookmarks icon) click it, it opens all 50 tabs, select more from the top right corner of the screen and delete them from there!

Hope this helps!

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just an observation and so no one is confused, apps and tabs are not the same thing. One closes differently that the other.. So make sure you asking about tabs or asking about apps.. Cause those of us could respond incorrectly based on your question.

But @Erika-c if you asking about apps.. you will have to enter your phones settings menu, locate the apps manager and systematically close/force stop apps from loading or download the Opera max app which can help you close those apps not needed and save your data.

If you're asking about tabs.. always remember that there should be three icons at the bottom of your phone.. the arrow or triangle, the round circle and the double squares or single square..

1) the arrow indicates that you want to go back one screen or more
2) the round circle indicates the home screen
3) the double or single square indicates open tabs

Tap the square (lower right) which will open all those tabs or even apps that have been used in the past. This is a reference or saved reference and all can be closed at once or you may select a single tab to be closed.

LadySidhe

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem. When it tells me that I can't open any new windows, it takes me to my internet provider webpage. In the top middle right, you see an icon that looks like pages, and has a number in it (the number of tabs you have open). Tap that, and it should give you the option to close all tabs.
My android version is 4.4.4. I have no idea what that means. I only know that no answer I found online worked for me. I had to figure it out on my own.

Maybe it will work for you. Good luck.

Tracy Fsrmer

Feb 22, 2018
Visit site
y further internet access?

Someone please help me, I don't know what I am doing, but this is scary to me, incognito tabs need to be canceled or saved? Because I have done something wrong, cancel or save?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy