Like everyone who did the OS update, I lost all of my contacts! What is you solution??

A

AC Question

Like everyone else who did the update I have lost all my important contact! How can I retrieve them from the phone if they didn't sync to Google as it was supposed to? I lost numbers related to my business and new new number that were recently entered! This is a serious matter. I don't like the upgrade for one, but My biggest concern is m the loss of my very important contacts!! What is the solution??? I had almost 300 in my contact and Google had only synced 19 of them. Not good!!!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Of you had saved all your contacts to your Google account restoring them if your phone is lost, stolen, broken, replaced or just fouls up it would be a snap. I *highly* recommend saving contacts to Google. But as Golfriver97 said, if you have no hard copies, Google backup or backup file done manually, there's nothing you can do.

I've done many OTA system updates and never lost contacts, photos, or any other data. But ya just never know when something might go wrong. So...backups, backups backups!

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair