Why is my email app crashing?

A

AC Question

I just switched from iPhone 4S to LG G3 - I've had my phone less than a week and have been loving it, except now all of a sudden the email app won't stop crashing. I open it, it says "updating" and then closes automatically seconds later. I've tried closing it from the recent apps screen, I've tried rebooting, and I've tried clearing the cache. I'd prefer not to clear data as it was a nightmare to get my email set up in the first place. Any suggestions? Using 5.0.1.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which email provider are you using? Ordinarily, I'd suggest removing the email account, then adding it back again. Why was it difficult to set up in the first place?

muffincakes123

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy. I'm the asker, had to sign in to reply. It's my work email, through [company.]webmail.com. I'm not sure if that helps! I'm not sure why it was difficult, I had the IT person at my work set it up for me (I tried first but didn't know how to fill most of it out). It wasn't a simple email/password sign-in like I did with my gmail. I may end up removing it and adding it again, I just didn't want to bug the IT guy again without trying a few other things first!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it's worth doing. Clearing out the data or removing the account and then adding it back often fixes this issue. Hopefully it doesn't keep happening, though.