Why my LG G3 lollipop 5.0 have Circle home button

abided

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Why I have circle home button and triangle back button in my lg g3 when I see all over internet everywhere there is some other shaped :( please help

Posted via the Android Central App

abided

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
my dear I know how to rearrange but my icons are different that's what's bugging me I have circle square and triangle icons .. sending u the screenshot as well .. I want to know why my icons are like this but not the one like home view icons

Attachments

• 4550.jpg
    4550.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 25

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does that Home Touch Buttons menu not give you other styles of buttons? I'm not talking about the different arrangements.

Also, what style are you looking for? Do you expect the Home button to look like a little house? That's the KitKat style. Lollipop uses the circle for Home and the triangle for Back.

Last edited:

abided

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
yes exactly I want that home button I have seen so many videos on YouTube of lollipop 5.0 version no where I saw this square button and when I tap on sqare button I don't get that grid view of apps in background.. sorry my English is bad but I hope u got it what I meant ?? I'll sent u screenshot

Attachments

• 4552.jpg
    4552.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 20

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I made an error above, saying that the square button was the Home button. The circle button is the Home button (I already edited it to correct it). The square button is the Recent Apps button. What you see is how the Recent Apps list appears in Lollipop. Essentially, all that you're seeing is normal for Lollipop.

Here's an article about adding more styles for the nav buttons: How to Add More Soft Key Styles to Your LG G3 (No Root Required) « LG G3

abided

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I was asking about app switching lay out it is already in the forums but it's not explained there how to change the views

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-22-12-10-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-22-12-10-43.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 19

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but I'll bet that Lollipop took those options away in favor of the stacked cards view. That article you were trying to link was published before Lollipop was released.

lauralie24

May 28, 2016
Visit site
I just got a new moto g (3rd gen) and instead of the house icon at the bottom, it's a circle. When I press the circle, it doesn't take me to my home screen anymore...i seemingly have to use the back button to back out of my screens to get back to my homescreen. When I press the circle button it brings up google. How can I get the button to take me back to my homescreen instead of having to back out!?

Thank you!