samsung gear s screen on and off..looping

Ibadsaeed

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
My gear s has problem that the screen keep turning on and off by itself and then no application works...if i try to press buttons it very difficult to open...i tried to reset ..after various tries it got reset but the problem has happened to me twice...i have it connected with my s6 edge via bluetooth..i feel like the watch is stuck in a loop...the screen comes and goes...help needed urgent...if its a major problem please advice quick as i have only one day left for return

Posted via the Android Central App

elempe

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
At this moment I can confirm, that notifications received while gear s is not connected via BT causes this issue.
What I did - powered off watch, when phone notifies gear is disconnected, cleaned all notifications on the phone, then powered on gear and as fast as possible cleaned gear's notiffications. I don't know if it was required to clean gears side. Now the glitch has stopped, and everything works just fine.

I had issue before, Samsung service chagned watch for new one. Glitch started again after some while, I couldn't find any system in it, now it looks like, thanks to you guys, it is clear. Let's see in future if it will confirm trough time.

Interesting, is there any way to get Samsung firmware developers attention? It is very annoying for users and expensive for Samsung to change watches without reason.

fbcltd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
At this moment I can confirm, that notifications received while gear s is not connected via BT causes this issue.
What I did - powered off watch, when phone notifies gear is disconnected, cleaned all notifications on the phone, then powered on gear and as fast as possible cleaned gear's notiffications. I don't know if it was required to clean gears side. Now the glitch has stopped, and everything works just fine.

I had issue before, Samsung service chagned watch for new one. Glitch started again after some while, I couldn't find any system in it, now it looks like, thanks to you guys, it is clear. Let's see in future if it will confirm trough time.

Interesting, is there any way to get Samsung firmware developers attention? It is very annoying for users and expensive for Samsung to change watches without reason.

finnally got my watch back, well, not my watch but a new one. I can confirm what you said "notifications while not connected BT" firmware, software issue........... my new watch did the same looping and I am not about to put up with sam service for another month. hopefully udates will fix this probelm as it is pi$$ing off customers and samsung is wasting money by handing out new watches.

Gus Mauro

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
This worked for me:
Disable notification on samsung gear app (phone side)
Switch off gear s
Remove notifications phone side
Switch on gear s
Delete all notifications on gear s(left and after up)
Enable again notifications on samsung gear app (phone side)

Reboot e re-install the gear s works, but it takes time...

larosenancya

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. They got me to send it via fedex. They sent it back a week later. Now a month later it is doing the same thing. I have a call in to Samsung and they are supposed to call me back in 48 hours. That was 48 hours ago. I want a new watch. Did you all resolve your problem with it or did you give up

fbcltd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. They got me to send it via fedex. They sent it back a week later. Now a month later it is doing the same thing. I have a call in to Samsung and they are supposed to call me back in 48 hours. That was 48 hours ago. I want a new watch. Did you all resolve your problem with it or did you give up

well, after 3x sending it fedex they finally gave me a new watch. but within 24 hours the 'new' watch was doing the same thing. i finnally stopped loading my music on the watch and playing via BT. it has been 3 weeks with no problems. i believe its a software issue and will wait till the next update to try and play music off my watch.

best solution i could come up with.

bjdrivers

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
This is definitely a software problem. Mine did the same thing. Here's the deal. If your Gear S loses its Bluetooth connection to the phone, MAKE SURE you clear all notifications on your phone before connecting the watch back to the phone. If you don't, the loop cycle may start. If you clear the notifications first, the watch should re-connect & not have any issues. It's when the phone pushes the notifications to the watch at Bluetooth re-connect that causes the looping.

Nancy VanPelt

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Everytime I download Opera Web Browser it started flipping I factory reset my gear S 5 times and uninstalled gear manager and each time I put opera back on it started flipping back and forth. I now have opera off and no problem. Brand new Gear S and without web browser, useless without internet. Too bad because I love everything else about this watch. Another thing to note: steps are off because each time you move your arm it counts as a step.

Last edited:

964t

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, it was the second time I faced this issue. At the the first time I fixed by uninstalling the apps on my mobile (some of the apps will also install there) and it was fixed. Afterwards I installed the apps again. It was fixes for some month's. Today I facesed again but want not to uninstall. What I did:

I cleared the battery by hearing music. After a while the the gear s drives down automatically. But I started again the gear s again and again until it was not possible to start again. Then I charged and the problem was gone after I started them.

Maybe the problem ist taht there are apps they are working an going worse after a while. But the problem ist to clear the cache because the gear is looping on and off.

Cheers, Selcuk from Frankfurt

Jeremy Prestidge

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
My gear s has problem that the screen keep turning on and off by itself and then no application works...if i try to press buttons it very difficult to open...i tried to reset ..after various tries it got reset but the problem has happened to me twice...i have it connected with my s6 edge via bluetooth..i feel like the watch is stuck in a loop...the screen comes and goes...help needed urgent...if its a major problem please advice quick as i have only one day left for return

Posted via the Android Central App

For anyone else still having this issue I have found an easy fix. If you are connected via bluetooth to your phone, go to settings in the gear manager and uninstall or install an app on your watch. You may have to try once or twice but has worked every time for me and saves turning it off or hard resetting like some other people are suggesting

tazoman

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
you are a genius I had basically put this damn watch away for several months because no one at samsung knew this particular step you mentioned. after giving it a go exactly how you posted it my watch actually reset and the flickering stopped. thanks a lot. No thanks to the several idiots in tech support i've talked with at samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon