samsung gear s screen on and off..looping

Ibadsaeed

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
My gear s has problem that the screen keep turning on and off by itself and then no application works...if i try to press buttons it very difficult to open...i tried to reset ..after various tries it got reset but the problem has happened to me twice...i have it connected with my s6 edge via bluetooth..i feel like the watch is stuck in a loop...the screen comes and goes...help needed urgent...if its a major problem please advice quick as i have only one day left for return

Posted via the Android Central App

BOZG

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
When I tried to do a hard reset, it did nothing and just rebooted as normal. I can't access the Download option from the Recovery menu either so I can't try to reset the ROM by flashing. Contacted my local Samsung support and all they could do was suggest bringing it to a service centre.

I'm currently using version 2.2.15070942 which I updated to today. It was immediately after the update that my watch started acting funny.

BOZG

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I've just realised that I'm an ***** / Samsung's instructions are terrible. I decided to google how to hard reset a Gear S instead of using Samsung's instructions and discovered that I have to hold down the power button in the recovery menu. Factory reset the watch and so far, it appears to have solved the screen issue.

BOZG

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Turn off the watch. Hold down the power button until you see a Samsung bootmenu with "Rebooting...." underneath. You'll then be brought to "Recovery Mode" with four options - Continue, Download, Recover, Power Off. Press the power button until "Recovery" is highlighted and then press and hold the Power button. It should then do a factory reset but you'll lose any data / apps on the watch and have to set everything up again.

Sometimes getting into the Recovery menu is a bit of pain. Sometimes I would get the "Rebooting..." screen and then it would just boot as normal and I'd have to try again or try holding down the Power button even on the "Rebooting..." screen until it took me to the menu.

BOZG

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thks for the info ...how is ur watch working now

Posted via the Android Central App

Sorry, I forgot to reply sooner. Everything was working fine until this morning when the same issue re-appeared. Reading through the forums here, I see that the Gear Manager app was updated recently. That's twice now that this issue has emerged for me on the back of an update.

BOZG

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
No idea to be honest. I've only just got my watch so it's still under guarantee for a long time so I'm not so stressed. I'm planning on at least waiting until the next app update on my phone to see if it happens again / double check that it is the app causing before contacting a service centre.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995