08-28-2017 09:34 PM
53 123
tools
    My gear s has problem that the screen keep turning on and off by itself and then no application works...if i try to press buttons it very difficult to open...i tried to reset ..after various tries it got reset but the problem has happened to me twice...i have it connected with my s6 edge via bluetooth..i feel like the watch is stuck in a loop...the screen comes and goes...help needed urgent...if its a major problem please advice quick as i have only one day left for return

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-21-2015 12:47 AM
    Same thing happening with mine yesterday too. Stuck in a continuous loop. Restarts/reboots did nothing. 100% charged.
    07-21-2015 12:24 PM
    Did u find a solution or speak to anyone about this

07-21-2015 02:22 PM
    Not yet. I ordered it online without a SIM card and was going to get one from ATT. I will go into the store and see if they can "fix".
    07-21-2015 02:40 PM
    Do let me know...if they tell you about any solution to this issue...

07-22-2015 01:20 AM
    I'm having the same problem. It worked fine until I updated the Samsung Gear Manager app on my phone.
    07-22-2015 07:47 AM
    Same thing happening with mine yesterday too. Stuck in a continuous loop. Restarts/reboots did nothing. 100% charged.
    Have you tried to reset yours?
    07-22-2015 08:36 AM
    I did but it kept on doing the same weird stuff...

07-22-2015 10:01 AM
    I updated to 2.2.02 version ...u have the same one on gear manager

07-22-2015 10:03 AM
    When I tried to do a hard reset, it did nothing and just rebooted as normal. I can't access the Download option from the Recovery menu either so I can't try to reset the ROM by flashing. Contacted my local Samsung support and all they could do was suggest bringing it to a service centre.

I'm currently using version 2.2.15070942 which I updated to today. It was immediately after the update that my watch started acting funny.
    07-22-2015 10:54 AM
    Funny in what way...any new problems...or the same old one

07-22-2015 02:27 PM
    I've just realised that I'm an ***** / Samsung's instructions are terrible. I decided to google how to hard reset a Gear S instead of using Samsung's instructions and discovered that I have to hold down the power button in the recovery menu. Factory reset the watch and so far, it appears to have solved the screen issue.
    07-22-2015 03:50 PM
    How do u go to recovery menu

07-23-2015 01:34 AM
    Turn off the watch. Hold down the power button until you see a Samsung bootmenu with "Rebooting...." underneath. You'll then be brought to "Recovery Mode" with four options - Continue, Download, Recover, Power Off. Press the power button until "Recovery" is highlighted and then press and hold the Power button. It should then do a factory reset but you'll lose any data / apps on the watch and have to set everything up again.

Sometimes getting into the Recovery menu is a bit of pain. Sometimes I would get the "Rebooting..." screen and then it would just boot as normal and I'd have to try again or try holding down the Power button even on the "Rebooting..." screen until it took me to the menu.
    07-23-2015 04:08 AM
    Thks for the info ...how is ur watch working now

07-24-2015 12:34 AM
    Thks for the info ...how is ur watch working now

Sorry, I forgot to reply sooner. Everything was working fine until this morning when the same issue re-appeared. Reading through the forums here, I see that the Gear Manager app was updated recently. That's twice now that this issue has emerged for me on the back of an update.
    07-26-2015 01:28 PM
    What do u suggest...i dont see many people facing this issue...should the watch be kept or returned

07-27-2015 01:31 AM
    No idea to be honest. I've only just got my watch so it's still under guarantee for a long time so I'm not so stressed. I'm planning on at least waiting until the next app update on my phone to see if it happens again / double check that it is the app causing before contacting a service centre.
    07-28-2015 02:41 AM
    Hi, Today I Started having the same problem.

Until I Uninstalled the Gear Manager from my phone, and reinstalled.
    Everything working fine for now.
    07-31-2015 10:44 PM
    Hi, Today I Started having the same problem.

Until I Uninstalled the Gear Manager from my phone, and reinstalled.
    Everything working fine for now.
    Did it stop immediately after you reinstalled or did you have to restart the watch too?
    08-04-2015 12:30 PM
    What do u suggest...i dont see many people facing this issue...should the watch be kept or returned

I brought mine to the local Samsung service centre. Picked it up again yesterday and they had basically replaced the watch.
    08-12-2015 07:51 AM
    this solved the problem me thinks.
    08-19-2015 08:19 PM
    I have the same issues. I had recently purchased. After seeing the same issue I used the recovery method. I then exchanged the Gear S for new. The next day the new one did it as well. For me at least, it appears only after I fully power off the watch completely or the battery dies. Seems firmware related. I removed the one 3rd party watch and other 3rd party apps. Only running Samsung apps (Stopwatch, timer Calculator, etc) and the Opera browser to try and narrow things down. Recovery or reset seems to be an often solution for me. Sad.

Good news is, it went on sales ($100 off) and I was able to get the difference back. Happy.
    08-24-2015 03:51 AM
    I am now on my 3rd Gear S. The first one just seemed to be losing battery life very quickly without and other issue so Best Buy replaced it (after about 45 days of use). The 2nd one I just replaced yesterday after about another 2 months because of the issue listed above. It would flip between the watch screen and the wallpaper every few seconds, which made it pretty much useless, and kill the battery quickly. The new one I got yesterday did exactly the same thing after I paired it with my Note 3 with the Gear app. So I don't think it's the watch itself that has the problem . .. it must be something in the software. I reset the watch, and uninstalled Gear to get a clean start. I'll update when finished.
    08-24-2015 12:54 PM
    My gear s has problem that the screen keep turning on and off by itself and then no application works...if i try to press buttons it very difficult to open...i tried to reset ..after various tries it got reset but the problem has happened to me twice...i have it connected with my s6 edge via bluetooth..i feel like the watch is stuck in a loop...the screen comes and goes...help needed urgent...if its a major problem please advice quick as i have only one day left for return

i think i Solved it.. just update your watch with RoM which is R750XXU1BOC1 for UK region (BTU) You Can Find it in SAMMOBILE.com in firmware section (Follow up the instructions how to flash your watch with this Firmware and it is completely clean and untouched) . it is not my region as i am from middle east Egypt but it worked and no more screen on or off any more.

I hope to continue to be Ok in the coming days
    Jeremy Y1 likes this.
    09-07-2015 07:23 AM
53 123