Chromebook??

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Looking into getting a Chromebook. Primarily I would use it for web surfing, transferring files between phone. I understand some accept a sd reader... Iam thinking cost and from what I have seen they are half the price of a laptop...

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have the Toshiba Chromebook (1st one) it has HDMI, USB and SD card ports. It was really cheap at the time when I bought too. I don't use it that much, but it's always good to have one encase I need to type or properly surf the web when a phone won't do.

Regarding your comment about moving files from your phone to the Chromebook, bare in mind that the Chromebooks come with little storage.

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't do much as regards transference of files.....I had a Samsung Android phone before goin' for my Samsung 3 Series Chromebook.....I was lookin' more at issues of compatibility between devices....helped a lot when I moved to Lollipop/Moto E.
Chromebook boots up in seconds....move O/S between Stable/Beta/Dev and Powerwash....keep a back up on a memory stick ! Bookmarks manage and Google Drive storage.....like a dream !
I was somewhat uncertain when I got it, 'bout surfing without a A/V prog....but so much security is built in....havn't had any problems....practice safe browsing habits....but I've got USB 3 not Type C ! Good luck !

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine didn't come with a full English manual, and I havn't studied the specs on more recent makes/models releases...but mine did come with 16GB HDD (On Board) and 2GB Memory.......It's at present showing 9.88 free space.
On a full charge it seems to do on average between 5/8hours.
USB 2.0, USB 3.0, HDMI and USIM card slot.
It's prevented me looking elsewhere for the foreseeable future !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid