Is it still worth buying a Nexus 7 tablet with regards to updates?

jaskav

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently looking at buying my girlfriend a tablet. I had the old Nexus 7 and now have the newer one and have been very happy with both. Since they have stopped making them now, you can get them for a very good price from various websites. What my only concern is, is how long will they still get updates? I'll be giving it to her at the end of October and would ideally like it to still be good for at least a year or two. She will only really be using it for internet, emails, reading and films so no real techy stuff but knowing her she will look after it, hence why I would hope it lasts and doesn't become obsolete. Any help or advice will be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm not too sure if both devices would receive Android M, but I would imagine the newer 2013 model would be in with a chance. Just because it doesn't have the latest and greatest software, it doesn't make it a bad tablet to have. I have the 2013 model, I use it every day - even if it doesn't get Android M it will still be a great tablet as it works for what I need it to work for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay