Just bought an MT6595 Smartphone. Why is it so laggy?

A

AC Question

I just recently bought a Chinese Octacore Smartphone to test out since it was affordable.

It's an MTK6595 Octa Core 5.0" 1080P 4GB RAM 16GB ROM Dual Sim 13.0MP Camera Smartphone.

It really scored 50k+ on antutu but it's performance doesn't really live up to that. All the specifications are real (from the seller's description) but it's so laggy. It's only a bit faster than my old Motorola Atrix 2. My friend said it's probably the OS/Software that it is running on. It's on Android 5.0 . Any suggestions on how I can resolve this? Thanks :D

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It can have the greatest hardware the world has to offer, but if the software is not tuned to run that hardware properly there's going to be problems, such as the lag you are experiencing. You can try a factory reset; however, I suspect that the bigger problem is the way the software is tuned to run that hardware.

If that's the case, there's really nothing you can do on your end aside from continuing to use it...or have it replaced with another device.

BooBooth

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I guess it's the ROM problem. To be honest, I have never heard this brand, I guess their system didn't optimize very much for their hardwares. MTK' s processors are not as good as Qualcomm, but it's much more cheaper than Qualcomm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34