Galaxy S6 screen non responsive How to back up phone without using the screen ??

A

AC Question

Hi my girlfriend has a galaxy S6. she dropped her phone and now the screen isn't responding its just black and unresponsive. Is there a way for me to back up the phone before she makes the insurance claim ?? I tried to use kies but it says. " The connected device is supported through smart switch which is faster and more convenient". Unfortunately I'm not able to access this as I cant use the screen I used to be able to just use kies to do anything but that doesn't look like its an option any methods of how to perform a back up would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this far and not getting bored thanks for your time and help :)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

You don't need or use the Smart Switch app, just the newer Samsung Smart Switch pc program to backup, update, drivers etc. It works like Kies without the individual sync options.

It may not work for you if you have a screen pin/password lock, or cannot change to MTP mode on the notification shade (not always necessary).

Added : A carrier store could be able to save your data.