Before I start, I want to say that I am not the biggest tech-savvy person so bare with me.

Anyways, I am having MAJOR Wi-Fi issues. At first my Wi-Fi was going in and out, CONSTANTLY. Because I keep my data and Wi-Fi on, the connection would switch back and forth between the two. So I decided to turn my Wi-Fi off then on again thinking that will solve the problem but it didn't. Now when I try to connect the Wi-Fi, it will not connect. It will say "Failed to obtain IP address" or it will not connect at all. I tried to Forget the network and reconnect it but that didn't work. I turned my phone off then on but that did not work. I tried wiping the data cache but that didn't work. I changed the setting to Static and put in a different IP address and that was a temporary fix because it connected to the Wi-Fi but it will not access the internet, which defeats the purpose of connecting to the Wi-Fi. I have tried downloading apps (Wi-Fi fixer, Wi-Fi connection manager, etc.) and nothing has helped. I am with MetroPCS and I recently got the phone in June when MetroPCS towers were combining with T-Mobile's so could this have an impact on the issue.

Can someone please help me? I am losing my sanity because I can't fix the issue.

Thank You
    07-25-2015 11:49 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, and turn off the Smart Network Switch option. If that doesn't help, then review this guide for other tips: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    07-26-2015 03:04 AM