I wanted to know if an unlocked Galaxy S6 edge will work on cricket (at&t)?
    07-29-2015 09:14 PM
    No. Sprint = CDMA Att = GSM.
    07-30-2015 07:53 AM
    No. Sprint = CDMA Att = GSM.
    While this is a true statement, since LTE 's deployment it has become just one part of the equation... LTE uses mostly GSM tech...so any LTE enabled device has SOME GSM capabilities, even those from CDMA carriers (Sprint,Verizon). Now the other part of the equation is the radios in the device. While the device may be able to use data it may be limited to the compatible bands in the area... and voice and messaging might be affected... It would be wise for the OP to look into frequencies and such...
    10-27-2015 11:07 PM
    I wanted to know if an unlocked Galaxy S6 edge will work on cricket (at&t)?
    Actually yes, just ordered the NANO SIM directly from AT&T after ordering their services a few days ago and it came in the mail today and was ready to go, pre-activated.

For clarification, I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920P) from Sprint.
    As my device is paid in full, I went into Settings> System Update> UICC Unlock, and received a message that it was successful. I then powered off the device, removed the Sprint NANO SIM, popped in the AT&T NANO SIM, powered on the device and BAM! AT&T SIM card was recognized almost immediately, then you go to Settings> Mobile Networks> Access Point Names> Add, and from there you plug in these settings:

Name:NXTGENPHONEATT
    APN:NXTGENPHONE
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username:Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server:Not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication Type: None
    APN type: Default
    APN protocol:IPv4Enabled
    Bearer:Unspecified

After this is complete, go back to the top, under options, hit Save. Restart the device to ensure proper loading of new settings.

YOU ARE NOW ACTIVATED and ready to enjoy AT&T's services.

The rumors about the calls or texts not going through, 100% FALSE.
    No data? WRONG! I get 3G, 4G, and 4GLTE no problem!
    EVERYTHING works.

Yes, in the beginning when I first got an interest in switching over to AT&T, I went to one of the stores near me myself, and asked a staff member about bringing my device to their network and I was told that it was completely incompatible because Sprint is CDMA and AT&T is GSM, however on the Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920P), the phone was designed to accommodate either network, thus the reason it is a "Global" device.

I hope I cleared the air about some rumors and concerns. Unlock the device through Sprint's UICC Unlock procedure and you are on your way to a better network with a phone you already have.

NOTE: If you still owe money on the device from Sprint, they may or may not let you complete the UICC Unlock process, thus halting your ability to bring it over to AT&T.

Quiestions? Comments? Concerns? Let me know! I'll be glad to help!

See attached picture for those who do not believe me.

11-21-2016 05:02 PM