Fix LG Tribute bootloop without wiping data (no backup)?

A

AC Question

Right, so I just got an LG Tribute and rooted it, but did not flash any custom ROMs, kernels, etc. Nor did I install custom recovery. I uninstalled some of the stock apps (including LG Keyboard) and tried to install a custom theme for Google Keyboard, but beyond that I haven't done anything much to the phone.

A custom keyboard theme refused to install, so I decided to reboot the device, but now it seems to be stuck in bootloop. I never made a backup because I don't have an SD card yet (only had the phone for like 2 days now) and I didn't have enough space. I have tried booting in recovery mode, wiping cache and rebooting several times to no avail. I really don't want to do a factory reset because I don't have a backup and I've set things up too perfectly to lose it all.

Is there anything I can do to fix the bootloop without wiping all my data? I don't have CWM or TWRP but is there a way I can install a custom recovery via USB in this state? Just to get to the cache and dalvik cache options? I'm really at a loss here, can anyone help me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol