Why am I not getting notifications when my phone's screen is off?

A

AC Question

So I have an Alcatel Idol 2 Mini and my notifications are not coming through when the screen is off. When I turn the screen on, they don't appear either; they just appear if I am using the phone at the moment of arrival. Also, I tried to install a third party lockscreen app where supposedly the notifications would show whether my phone was sleeping or not, but it just wonvt work - when I lock the screen and then unlock it, the system lockscreen is what I see, not the app's. Any idea why these problems happen? Anyone with the same problems?

shel692

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it, but yes that would be the next step. For future reference AVG is non harmful (I don't find it helpful either, but it's not hurting anything) Clean Master I would avoid.
Does your device have a SD card? It's possible for a corrupted file to alter device behaviour. If you do, try removing and rebooting and leaving the SD out and test again before a factory reset.
Good luck!

yeahbitchmagnets

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Well, third party lockscreen apps are working now. Turns out I had the system battery saving mode on and it was somehow blocking them. The notifications come through now. However, they only appear when I turn on the screen. This is really bugging me!

Posted via the Android Central App