Bet nobody can solve this. I can't make or receive calls from my home.

A

AC Question

I can make and receive calls everywhere else, but not in my house. I can walk half a block away, and can make calls. If I'm walking outside talking on the phone, it cuts out as soon as I get around my front porch. I have a Nexus 5 with Cricket service, and both Google and Cricket have tried numerous things, including turning off my wifi - unplugging my modem and router, turning off location services. And of course Google and Cricket tried many setting adjustments. My phone used to work fine in my house, but not for the last two months, and nothing has changed. I can be inside, look at my phone and the indicator shows I have full service with three or four bars; as soon as I hit dial, all the bars go away: no service. This makes absolutely no sense. If you can solve this, you're a genius.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You definitely don't have service if the bars go away. It's not unusual for the bars to disappear once the radio is in use. It's taking awhile for the device to update, and it's signal is updated once the call is initiated.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's a weird problem. I can think of two different culprits. A big interference from something in your house or some location conflict in your system.

Can you receive calls? Does the same problem happen with a different phone or using a different SIM card?

To check if there's a conflict with some app I would try this. Go where you don't have problems making calls and power your phone off. Back home boot into safe mode from recovery and first thing make a call.

Doug Grissom

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Interference from my house or location stuff does seem like it could be the problem; I just don't know what could be causing either. No, I can't receive calls at home, it won't ring. I had my son dial my number, and as soon as he dialed on his phone, all my bars went out. I tried replacing the sim card. Other people can make and receive calls on their phones just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar