Long Press special characters no longer working

A

AC Question

I am using a galaxy s6 and was able to long press to directly get special characters like "$" and "?" etc. I am not sure if I changed a setting or what but not every time I long press on the keyboard, I get a pop up with "$" and "X" signs to select. This is a similar popup like the one you get when you long press the "." key.

Small thing but is really annoying as I cannot get characters in one go anymore. Has anyone else faced this issue? Any ideas where to look for changes? I really want to avoid a factory reset as long as possible. It takes forever to set the phone up the way I like it.

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
What keyboard are you using? Samsung (?)...Google Keyboard? Have you inadvertently gone back to default perhaps ?
Take a look at Language & input in Settings......Keyboard & input methods....Current keyboard......

Bhandari1708

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I posted this question, did not realize that it was as a guest. I am using the samsung keyboard. I prefer it as it has the numbers on top. I tried to switch to default settings on it (the long press special character works out of the box) but that did not solve the problem still.

Current keyboard in those settings is samsung and I have played around with all settings in there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11