HELP!! What camera settings should I use to take pictures at a concert?

A

AC Question

I go to a week long fair every year where there are concerts after dark. I would like to know what settings I should use on my s5 phone. The pics usually turn out either blurry or the artists face looks completely white. I was at one of these concerts last night and there was a man in front of me with the same phone taking pictures but his were turning out MUCH better than mine!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Getting photos in a poorly lit environment with a phone is always a struggle. Try downloading an alternative camera app that lets you play about with the manual settings of the camera - you have a full week to find the best one for you, I always refer back to an app called "Manual Camera" for customisation.

Not sure if these options are available for the S5 or not, but you could look at increasing the shutter speed, about 1/200

Higher ISO values would also improve the shot.

If you are just wanting to use your standard camera app, make sure the flash is turned off and try taking a few burst shot pictures - that way you will have a few to choose from. Also try alternating with HDR+ on and off.