Samsung galaxy s5 No update

HaseebImran

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
I am using samsung galaxy s5.I bought it about 2 months ago.Model us sm-g900f.As this is europe version and has already received the update.But in my setting about device there in no software update option available!
Samsung kies says its the latest firmware!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello.
What country are you in.
Had a look at Sammobile?
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G900F/

There are a few areas that still have 4.4.2. Did you buy it from another region?

As per B. Diddy's question with the G2, have you used any apps to tell it's genuine? Though if Kies recognised it as you say, then it should be alright.

Try the newer Samsung Smart Switch program for pc instead.

The Software Updates option should be at the top in About Device if you scroll down, normally.

Status is not usually top of the list.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
OK. ....

Well according to the UK manuals for the S5, both the KitKat and Lollipop versions, there is.
Download the manual for whichever area you are in, and also search for screenshots of the S5 About Device page.
Try a store model, and then question the origin of your device.

The more information people can furnish, the more other people can help them.
Good luck.

---------
On Edit: Also if you are not in Europe, the European update may not be pushing to your version in your region. May be why Kies says what it says.

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It's European, you're in Asia. I am not that experienced as a regular member.
Again try asking in: Android Central Community - General Help and How To, which is another forum here.
Someone more experienced may know.
Or try Samsung in your country. Many people import their phones.

B. Diddy is on holiday and I have given a link previously where you can see if your country received the update to Lollipop.

I preferred KitKat anyway, and the update may cause you problems.