How to create shortcut to Settings/Accessibility/Hearing/Sound Balance?

A

AC Question

I am running Android 5.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Nova Launcher. I have asymmetrical hearing loss and am experimenting with adjusting the Sound Balance (L-R) differently when using earbud headsets without my hearing aid. Is there any way to create a shortcut (Home Screen icon) that would open the Sound Balance setting directly?

Thanks,

David Baril
Almonte Ontario

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello David, welcome to the forums! I'm not sure if you can add such an specific shortcut. You could try this. Long press on your homescreen, select widgets, find "Activities" in the first row and drag it to the screen. There's an easy shortcut for the accessibility menu. If you scroll that list down you'll see about a hundred different options. Check if some of them (specially under settings) get you deeper in the accessibility menu. I don't have a Note so I can't check that for you, sorry. Tell us how it goes.

dpbaril

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Javier. That saved me a couple of clicks. I was able to set up a shortcut to the Accessibility settings as you suggested, but could not find anything that linked to the Hearing/Sound Balance sub-settings directly. Thanks again.

David Baril
Almonte Ontario

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Glad it helped David! Thanks for registering and for the follow up. Yeah, after writing my last post I ran a quick search and found nothing else under Nova Activities. I'll let you know if something comes up. Welcome!