Kyocera Duraforce update problem

A

AC Question

alright so i got this phone as a phone to switch to when i work out of town because i needed something tough and that i can have on me without worrying about it getting smashed or soaked unlike my galaxy s5 active that ive broke twice. anyway i performed a software update and the first time it said it failed. i then performed the update again and it went fine it told me to install it had to restart to do so, i pushed ok and it restarted but when it came on it came to a screen that says

authorization error, unauthorized software was installed. please install the authorized software

press the power key to turn off your phone

now ive tried to perform the hard reset and everything, i tried to hook it up to my computer but it says that it cant recognize it. How can i fix this problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you haven't rooted the phone or flashed a custom ROM, you bring it to the carrier and ask them to please fix what they broke. (It's a liability issue - they broke your property - they're responsible for it.) You may have to work your way up the food chain before you get someone who knows the difference between "warranty" and "liability", but eventually someone should authorize a replacement if they can't fix yours.

Chris 1441

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I went to the AT&T dealership today curious about this problem. I found that as Android 5.11 is a 64 bit software, the update is too powerful too work on the Kyocera Duraforce processor. Then Google stops the update realizing that the phone may brick otherwise. This is with a update sent by AT&T. If from a 3rd party (like a website) things may be a little bit different, but I can assume that a similar problem occurs there too.