I was clearing my phone and went to delete an app but i didnt realise it was a factory app. When i deleted it, it also took the basic Gallery app with it which is also a factory app. Anyone know how i can get the gallery back as it deleted a few pictures i needed to keep as well. I cant find a place where i can just re download the gallery from.

Thanks
    08-10-2015 05:18 AM
    Did you actually delete it or did you disable it. Its pretty simple if it's only disabled but if you deleted it then your phone must be rooted
    Wiktor Olejniczak likes this.
    08-10-2015 05:29 AM
    Hi, this was my question, didnt realise i needed an account to reply. What i did on my HTC was hold down on a different app and drag to the uninstall area. Then it uninstalled and left the android robot in its place on my homescreen with something like com.htc.album.albummain.... So i dont know what to do with it now
    08-10-2015 05:46 AM
    As Dadspicable said, if your phone isn't rooted it's quite possible that the apps weren't completely uninstalled. Look for that original app in your disabled list. If you can't find it then you could try downloading a different gallery app from the Play Store. QuickPic is quite popular. All your photos should still be there, deleting a gallery app shouldn't delete your media files.
    08-10-2015 07:56 AM
    Maybe attempt to restart your phone, if that doesn't help then your last resort would be to reset your phone to factory settings. Be warned though if you do then all of your data will be deleted off the phone including contacts, text messages apps, pictures .... Basically your phone will be "like new". So yea it's a last resort. Before you do do it if you decide to I recommend to back up your valuables
    08-10-2015 07:58 AM
    Go to Google Play, type in HTC Gallery. Most phone apps can be picked up in the App Stores.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-20-2016 12:05 AM