What has happened to my SD card?

A

AC Question

I have a rooted alcatel onetouch 5020t. I've had an 8gb sd card in it since I got it, and it was transferred from my previous phone. A couple days ago, my phone, which had been untouched for about an hour, randomly restarts. When it turns back on, I realize it isn't recognizing my sd card. I restarted it again and now it says "Damaged SD card". I read other forums about repairing it, but it isn't recognized on my computer, so as my last resort I want to format it from my phone and see what I can recover afterwards. Except now I click format, it says erasing... and then it just comes back up saying it's damaged. It just keeps looping and won't format, plus it isn't recognized by my computer. So what do I do now?? Am I just out of luck and have to get rid of it?? Please help me :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's a SanDisk card, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support, upper right corner, and start a live chat. They'll probably replace it . (8GB cards should still be under warranty.)

If it's another manufacturer, contact them to see what they'll do for you.

You could try PhotoRec (instructions at PhotoRec Step By Step) in the PC, if the PC recognizes that there's a card in there at all (Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management if you're on Windows). PhotoRec will recover anything recoverable on any medium the computer can read.