How can I get rid of Samsung Touchwiz?

SAM SEVEN

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Trying to get rid of Samsung Touchwiz. Please advise.

I've a Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 Lite. It's a decent phone (for the money) the only problem is that it starts to bog down when I use multiple apps simultaneously. I'm not a smartphone expert, far from it in fact. But I believe it's the Samsung's Touchwiz to blame.
Now, I've few options:
1. Install a custom ROM that's close to stock Android. But is it worth the risks & trouble? I've installed "Hackintosh" on my Dell 760 PC and it was a headache to fix all the bugs! Not the same thing but still...
2. Get a Windows Phone. My mate has a Lumia 430 and is literally as smooth as butter & has an awesome battery time! I'm not an App Fanatic so I can live with limited Apps. All I ever need is Opera Mini, UC Browser, Dropbox, Maps etc.
3. Get an Android phone that runs on stock Android. I can't afford a Nexus rightnow, but I can get an 'Android One' running completely stock Lollipop 5.1. It's basically a standard Google recently introduced. It has a 1.3Ghz Quad Core processor & 1GB RAM. Poor man's Nexus in other words...
Any advise on which way to go? Any opinion from 'converted' Android to Windows Phones Users would be deeply appreciated.
English is my second language (actually 4th!) so please do mind my grammatical errors...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trying to get rid of Samsung Touchwiz. Please advise.

ROMs are tricky. There is no official ROM on Cyanogen's site. Have you tried XDA developers? They have a pretty big library of ROMs, but still no guarantee that there will be one for your device.

I think the best thing to do is to get Android One and see if that helps.

SAM SEVEN

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank's Golfdriver97. Custom ROMs are pretty much out of question, but it's still an option. In our electronic markets, you'll find people selling custom ROMs CD's illegally... I might find a ROM there, I'm pretty sure.
AndroidOne? I've tried it's demo, and It's a pretty fast phone. But the demo didn't had any apps besides the Google ones. I've heard that Lollipop needs more resources than any previous Android Versions. So it might start to bogg down too after installing some apps, who know? It has barely one 1GB RAM...
Any Windows users??? Please, I'd truly appreciate if someone shed some light on how its like to go from Android to Windows...
Thanks

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Trying to get rid of Samsung Touchwiz. Please advise.

I wouldn't recommend the Lumia 430, or any other low-end Windows Phone. I had a Lumia 920, and it became practically unusable on Windows Phone 8.1, due to the constant "resuming" whenever I tried to use apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech