Why am I unable to receive text messages from certain iPhone users?

A

AC Question

Unable to receive text messages from certain Iphone users

I had a samsung galaxy S2 on a Boost Mobile plan. My samsung broke so my friend gave me her old Iphone 4. I attempted to port my number to straight talk on this Iphone 4. Straight talk could not get the number to port properly unfortunately. Boost then offered a free phone (LG Tribute) on a $30 monthly plan. Since the money was right, I accepted the free phone and cancelled with Straight Talk. Now that I'm with Boost Mobile, I can make and receive calls and send out texts but I am unable to receive texts from certain people.

All of the people for whom i cannot receive text messages have Iphones. I'm wondering if this is bc my telephone number became associated with an Iphone, albeit for a short period of time, when I was with straight talk. When I call apple to attempt to be removed from Imessage as suggested in other links, they recognize my number as belonging to the friend who gave me the Iphone 4 as mentioned above. I attempted to speak with someone about getting disconnected from imessage, but the computer on the other end of the line would not transfer me unless I buy support time with Apple for $29.

Any one have any suggestions??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unable to receive text messages from certain Iphone users

I'm wondering if this is bc my telephone number became associated with an Iphone, albeit for a short period of time, when I was with straight talk. When I call apple to attempt to be removed from Imessage as suggested in other links, they recognize my number as belonging to the friend who gave me the Iphone 4 as mentioned above. I attempted to speak with someone about getting disconnected from imessage, but the computer on the other end of the line would not transfer me unless I buy support time with Apple for $29.
Go into a Genius Bar with the friend the iPhone is registered to and they can remove the number from iMessage. Then have each one of the people you're having a problem with send you an SMS to your Android phone. That should straighten things out on both ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma