Dropped my phone in water??

A

AC Question

I went to check the time on my phone when i dropped it into a toilet bowl (it was clean, I promise!) I immediately put the phone into a bowl of rice and left it for a day before i checked to see if it was working, when i put the battery in again and put the charger in, the screen started to go pink (and brighter by the second) until i took the battery out. after another 24 hours, i tried again and this time the charging thing came up but it was glitchy/flashy so i took the battery out again? what can i do now? I can't afford another phone :(

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you see the post "oh no, my phone got wet" in the ambassador guides, tips and tricks forum of this site. I would link to it but I'm not sure how with the app.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=477140

I know it's very hard to know what to do, for how long, and need to get it working as soon as possible.

Problem is, any power from the battery only makes it worse. The false paths that can be created by impurities in the water will short circuit the phone.

Best bet is to try a few separate baths in Isopropyl (rubbing) Alcohol from a pharmacy or anywhere. Google it. A high concentration is better. Still give it a few days, and the screen takes longer to lose any smudges.
It may have been damaged too much already. If it still doesn't work try to get a quote or advice from a reputable repair store. Good luck.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you see the post "oh no, my phone got wet" in the ambassador guides, tips and tricks forum of this site. I would link to it but I'm not sure how with the app.

Posted via Android Central App
Thanks.
In the Android Central app or the Tapatalk app, if you go to the guide and then the menu, you will find Copy URL, which you can paste back. I also sometimes Share a guide to my note app so I don't have to leave the thread.

You probably know this already, sorry, and it can be a PITA if you are in a hurry.

I think B. Diddy and the top posters have created a clever system that works very very quickly for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance