can't add contacts to google on xperia Z3+/Z4 dual sim but phone syncs contacts from google account

Metaal Boddha

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I have recently purchased Xperia Z3+ and I have this strange issue which prevents me from adding contacts to google account on phone but if i add contacts to google account online they download onto the phone.

So I thought it was a "tickbox item" i might have played with at some stage, so i went through all the contacts related settings and nothing seemed to stand out. only thing that stood out was ability of outlook to sync my google contacts, which i ended up removing. keeping in mind the outlook active sync works fine when adding new contacts to it.

To get around the google contacts issue i have reset my phone to factory settings about 5 times so far. here is the breakdown:
-once the phone was reset, I added my google account only and everything worked fine. I could add contacts and everything "only until" i did not update any of the apps on my phone.
So i thought it was a compatibility issue so i started to narrow down apps which caused the issue.
so i went back to resetting phone, narrowed the app down to outlook app. the moment i updated outlook app contacts were stuffed again; i.e. could not to google account again.
There I was on the resetting phone road again, this time it was realestate app..

I am not sure if it is a compatibility issue anymore because my brother has the same phone with both these apps and his phone works fine.

One fine detail I noticed was that during initial setup, after i added my google account during first login, google account was not mentioned in the one of the 5 setup screens but somehow facebook was not sure why my google account was not shown there.

Also to get around the issue i also tried managing my contacts through contacts+ and it looked like it was working but it wasn't really coz when i added new contacts to google synced contacts they just saved without names.

Please reply to this thread as resolution for this problem will remove this headache. If it is a tickbox item I would have a good laugh at the very least.

Cheers

GaryBeilby

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm this. Xperia Z3+ dual.
When I have both sims in I can only save contacts local to the phone. The account selection section is unclickable.
If I remove the second sim the account selection section on the create new contact becomes a clickable pulldown box and allows choice between phone local only and google account.

Saving contacts local to a phone is useless and I stopped doing it many years and phones ago.
This is obviously a bug and Sony need to fix it!

What is especially painful is that after I have saved a contact locally on the phone I can't find a way to transfer it over to my Google contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair