16GB vs 32GB Tablet Speed Difference Due To Space - Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5

A

AC Question

So I was going to buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 in the 16GB version. It is expandable up to an additional 128GB through MicroSD so I'm not too worried about space. My question though is will this tablet perform slower as it fills up with Apps and the Android OS?

I will save all pictures and videos in the SD card, but didn't know if the native apps and OS will bog down the small hard drive and cause lag... So in summation my question is:

Will the 16GB version of the tablet work slower than the 32GB due to space?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you can reasonably get the 32GB version I would suggest that, for a couple reasons. First the actual usable space on 16GB is around 9-10GB of space, second you can't store all of the apps onto the microSD card, only parts of them and if you plan on any large 1+GB games then forget about it pretty much the entire game is still on the device. The big performance hit will be based on RAM and processor, but Android does use system RAM to cache things so could it get slower, sure but I personally didn't have a lot of issues filling up a tablet and then have it run slow.