HTC One (M8) Mini Flashing orange light after water damage and the same after water damage repair

A

AC Question

Hi guys I'm a repair tech with a local business we had a htc one mini 2 come in with water damage it had been left outside over night in the rain, when it came in it would not boot it was just giving a flashing orange light next to the top speaker, as we have done many times we used rubbing alcohol to wash the boards down and wash away the corrosive residue from the boards and connectors and then quickly dried them with compressed air, usually this does the trick and we can the reassemble the device and return it after we have cleaned it up, on this occasion we are still getting the flashing light I have tried holding in the power button for a period of time for the reset and also holding both the power and volume buttons for a long while to try the hard reset but to no avail, I'm thinking new battery which I have ordered but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on firstly what the problem may be and a solution if possible any advice would be much appreciated.

I have soaked the main board for less than 2 minutes and I have also used a soft bristle tooth brush to clean any corrosion away on the main board and the 2 smaller boards, it is all dry and the connectors are all looking good all the legs on the connectors are all accounted for and everything is where it should be, all earthing struts are in place

It is a htc one (m8) mini it is around 6 months old, I have fitted new power on flex cable button as the original was not working

It has been on charge for some time using the original data/charging cable and original plug.

Thanks guys.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.

We have a member experienced in phone repair who, if he happens to pass by, may be able to advise. :)

Posted via the Android Central App