How do I turn off the My Places notification on a Samsung Galaxy S6?

A

AC Question

Every 15 to 30 minutes I receive a, notification to turn on HIS or Wifi to "use My Places."

Just upgraded the Android OS to the newest version and thid started happening. Very annoying.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. If I remember, with my Lollipop update (not sure) if I set a Work and Home location it will shut up.
You don't have to set your actual location, it only needs it if you ask Maps to take you Home or to Work, maybe Google Now uses them as well - but I initially did not want Google Maps to know where I live. Stupid huh? :D
I do find it useful now so I gave a nearby location.

Go to Maps - Settings - Your Places, and fill something in. :cool:

goodearl

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the information.

I checked my settings on my phone and have my home and work set. When Google Location Services is turned off, I was receiving the annoying notification. But, I just saw Location Information under Notifications and turned that off as well. So far, no notifications in the past hour! Thanks so much!:)

Zach91

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
That doesn't work either. Did everything you suggested and i also have my home address set and i still get this notification a few times a day. Super annoying that there doesn't seem to be a way to disable this notification.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'm also still getting the notification after setting a home location. My best guess now is that this is a glitch attributed directly to the Samsung Galaxy S6, how dissapointing.
HELLO OUT THERE! CAN ANYONE GIVE A VERIFIABLE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM?
You will have better chance of direct help in the S6 forum.

Questions on this quick forum can get overlooked if they already have a response.

Start another thread there.

Thanks for the information, and

Welcome to Android Central. :)

sandingtheplank

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I had this same problem for 2 wks...I have an S6 on Verizon and disabling/uninstalling was not an option; the 'show notifications' box was shaded out so that was a no-go as well. No manipulation of location/notification/app mgr/Google account settings/force stops/factory resets would do the trick, Verizon techs couldn't fix it, and a Samsung tech couldn't fix it over the phone either--she told me that it was a software issue, and that it possibly needed to be re-flashed, so I ended up sending it back to Samsung since it's under warranty. The repair ticket said it 'WON'T DOWNLOAD SW/PRL' and 'S/W UPDATED. Know it's not what you wanted to hear, but maybe it will save you some frustration if you just send it back to the manufacturer.

Joshtastic91

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a Note5 and ended up setting up the My Places widget. I ended up getting annoyed with it at times and tried to remove it. No luck. I didn't want to sign out of my Google Maps account because I use that for my Google Now app. I think I figured out the solution though. I went to my application manager and made sure to show System Apps. I located the Samsung My Places, clicked it and then Force Stopped it. I then went to "Storage" and did Clear Cache AND Clear Data. The data was the most important, I believe. I then made sure to delete the widget from my home screen. To verify it worked, I added the widget back. It no longer had any of my places there and needed to be set up again. It hasn't given me any more notifications or problems since.

I hope this helps!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463