Every 15 to 30 minutes I receive a, notification to turn on HIS or Wifi to "use My Places."

Just upgraded the Android OS to the newest version and thid started happening. Very annoying.
    08-20-2015 12:14 PM
    Hello. If I remember, with my Lollipop update (not sure) if I set a Work and Home location it will shut up.
    You don't have to set your actual location, it only needs it if you ask Maps to take you Home or to Work, maybe Google Now uses them as well - but I initially did not want Google Maps to know where I live. Stupid huh?
    I do find it useful now so I gave a nearby location.

Go to Maps - Settings - Your Places, and fill something in.
    goodearl likes this.
    08-20-2015 08:11 PM
    Thanks for the information.

I checked my settings on my phone and have my home and work set. When Google Location Services is turned off, I was receiving the annoying notification. But, I just saw Location Information under Notifications and turned that off as well. So far, no notifications in the past hour! Thanks so much!
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-25-2015 10:05 AM
    Good to know. I sold a Samsung recently so I was basing it on a Motorola with Lollipop.

Welcome to Android Central.
    goodearl likes this.
    08-25-2015 02:23 PM
    That doesn't work either. Did everything you suggested and i also have my home address set and i still get this notification a few times a day. Super annoying that there doesn't seem to be a way to disable this notification.
    goodearl likes this.
    09-22-2015 09:20 AM
    Yes, I'm also still getting the notification after setting a home location. My best guess now is that this is a glitch attributed directly to the Samsung Galaxy S6, how dissapointing.
    HELLO OUT THERE! CAN ANYONE GIVE A VERIFIABLE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM?
    You will have better chance of direct help in the S6 forum.

Questions on this quick forum can get overlooked if they already have a response.

Start another thread there.

Thanks for the information, and

Welcome to Android Central.
    goodearl likes this.
    09-22-2015 02:27 PM
    I had this same problem for 2 wks...I have an S6 on Verizon and disabling/uninstalling was not an option; the 'show notifications' box was shaded out so that was a no-go as well. No manipulation of location/notification/app mgr/Google account settings/force stops/factory resets would do the trick, Verizon techs couldn't fix it, and a Samsung tech couldn't fix it over the phone either--she told me that it was a software issue, and that it possibly needed to be re-flashed, so I ended up sending it back to Samsung since it's under warranty. The repair ticket said it 'WON'T DOWNLOAD SW/PRL' and 'S/W UPDATED. Know it's not what you wanted to hear, but maybe it will save you some frustration if you just send it back to the manufacturer.
    goodearl likes this.
    09-28-2015 09:03 AM
    Open google maps.
    Open settings.
    Choose sign out.
    Done.
    You can still use google maps
    goodearl likes this.
    10-07-2015 06:42 AM
    It is the most annoying thing but I figured it out.

*Go to GOOGLE MAPS
    *CLICK ON SETTINGS
    *Click on sign out
    *Restart your phone (that should work)
    03-14-2016 11:00 AM
    I have a Note5 and ended up setting up the My Places widget. I ended up getting annoyed with it at times and tried to remove it. No luck. I didn't want to sign out of my Google Maps account because I use that for my Google Now app. I think I figured out the solution though. I went to my application manager and made sure to show System Apps. I located the Samsung My Places, clicked it and then Force Stopped it. I then went to "Storage" and did Clear Cache AND Clear Data. The data was the most important, I believe. I then made sure to delete the widget from my home screen. To verify it worked, I added the widget back. It no longer had any of my places there and needed to be set up again. It hasn't given me any more notifications or problems since.

I hope this helps!!
    04-20-2016 09:06 PM
    Settings->notifications->advanced (top right corner)->More (top right corner)->show system apps....look for "my places" and disable all.
    09-23-2016 02:32 AM