No sound with text message notification

A

AC Question

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same problem i have a galaxy s6 and for some reason when i get a text message i it doesnt make a sound it only vibrates. it is in sound mode and ive tried restarting the phone but no luck any solutions? I would prefer to not reset it to its factory setting but if i must then i will

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open the Messaging app, tap Menu>Settings, and look for the Notification options. Make sure the Notification Tone isn't set to Silent or None. Try also selecting some other tone and see if the sample plays for you.

Harryyjoness

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah my ringtones and alarms work but no sound for anything else. The only way i know ive had a txt is that my phone vibrates and flashes but that only really works if its in my hand otherwise i dont notice it

Sara Rodgers

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
I have a similar problem. I have no sound for message +. All other notifications work. No vibrate, changing settings don't work. I turned off notifications for this app a while back and have been trying to get it back on ever since to no avail.