Weird white overlay in browser - how do I remove the thing?

A

AC Question

I have a Nexus 4 with android 5.1.1 (version LMY48I) and the recent update as caused my browser a white triangular overlay to be displayed over most web pages I access from my phone. A quick search on the internet as revealed that the overlay is supposed to disappear when using finger-on-screen-action but I'm not convinced. Anybody know what the overlay is and how to remove the blasted thing? So far I have only been able to get it to go in to the background when "exiting" pages (ie go to main screen) and retrieve the correct page from either list or "reopening" browser - effect is lost when going to new page).

Help please!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Is that happening with Chrome or another browser? Could you post a screenshot so we can have a better idea of what your problem is? Does it happen with different browsers?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, thanks for registering at Android Central and welcome to the forums!

That's weird, never heard of something similar. You could try first clearing the cache and browsing data in Chrome - settings - privacy. If you don't mind losing any personal information included in Chrome you could also clear data in settings - apps - chrome. Reboot your phone and see if it makes a difference. If the problem still persists you could boot your phone into safe mode to make sure there's not a conflict with an app you downloaded. Tell us how it goes.