Why can't we have Glass/Metal phones with removable backs?

Brandon Rauls

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
So I bought the S6 Edge Plus 128 GB... and I have one HUGE question to ask....

LG makes metal phones with a metal back that can be removed to remove/replace the battery and expand the storage.

HTC - Does Not
Samsung - Does Not
Apple - Does Not

Is there a real valid reason they won't give us phones with metal/glass removable backs to swap batteries and add storage? I just want to know why they don't do this... We pay out the holy *** for higher GB phones that don't have expandable memory, whereas phones that do, you buy the lowest GB phone with a 64 - 128 GB Micro SD Card for what...30-45$?

Is it not common sense at this point to just make the back removable?
This "trend" is pissing me off and needs to be put to a stop.
We know it's possible to make a glass/metal back that can be removed, so do it.

Glace7

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
It's too complex to bother with. Sure, it can be done, but why bother when you can charge people more for more storage? Also, it looks far better to have a sealed, all metal/glass casing - it just simply looks better and adds to the integrity of the phone.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sealed phones enable devices to be made thinner. In sealed phones, batteries are just wrapped in a thin foil. Where as removable batteries have to be stuffed intimate more bulky plastic casing thus, making the phone have to be thicker.

Removable back glass seems like a no brainer, what's the chance of it breaking when you have it off.

May I add, sealed phones are usually more durable than other phones with removable batteries. A sealed phone had more integrity than its counterparts since all components are secured as one whole unit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie