How can I switch my Verizon active contract galaxy s5 to straight talk and port my number?

A

AC Question

I have a galaxy s5 that is currently active on a verizon 2 yr contract.I want to switch the phone to straight talk and port my number before I cancel my contract.I bought a byop straight talk kit.when I go online to activate it I put in the zip and Mei number and then it says it's eligible and asks if my phone is gsm unlocked even tho verizon is a CDMA phone.when I called straight talk to have them set it up they put in the Mei and told me it's not an eligible phone but didn't have a reason why.I don't want to activate the gsm straighttalk sim and put time on it if it won't work in my verizon s5 and be out the $60 and I don't want to cancel my contract before I know if straight tall will work on it or not and end up with no phone.or would it not being canceled be the reason its saying it's not eligible.

Itay Seith

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I like to know also. I have a sprint version s5 cdma and I think you have to root the unit before it will let you. Not sure just advice I heard and routing the phone can does eliminate is programming.

Posted via the Android Central App

Itay Seith

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey my s5 is not recognizing all photos on the phone and I have removed the SD card. I can see the photos when I use the file mgr....but gallery doesn't. Any advice? It usa really annoying. Start/rebooting doesn't work. I'm at point of a hard reboot but hope there is a simpler solution. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae