I have owned every Note except the first one. I bought 5 yesterday. You usually go to SETTINGS and click SIGNATURE. Not so in Note 5. If anyone has an idea on how or if you can do it, I would appreciate it.
    08-24-2015 09:02 PM
    Using some other SMS app. SMS protocol doesn't have anything but text - signatures are proprietary additions that some apps have and some don't. (The "signature" is usually just text added on to the end of the text you type in. Apps that allow a real signature - like a graphic - in texting aren't using SMS - and that means that the recipient has to be running that app to get the signature.)
    08-25-2015 12:37 AM
    Just setting up my Note 5 and could not find the signature selection for Txt. Called AT&T who transferred me to Samsung. Technician said adding a signature to a txt was left out of the Note 5 operating system. He added my desire to the list of possible things to be added to the next update and wished me a good day. So don't keep searching for the signature for SMS. You won't find it.
    09-25-2015 06:43 PM
    Actually, I found it and did it about a month ago. Now, though, I can't figure out how I got there and how to change it to a new signature. I will find it though and change it and let you know every step to get in there for yourself.

Nelli
    11-23-2015 04:57 PM
    I could not find a way to add a signature in the way we normally do, but I found a few workarounds --

Option 1 - Create Text Shortcut (maybe the best option)
    1. Settings
    2. Under the System tab, choose Language and input.
    3. Samsung keyboard
    4. Text Shortcuts
    5. Add New.
    6. Type maybe the first 3 letters of your signature under "Shortcut".
    7. Type your full signature in "Expanded phrase" and "ADD".
    8. In a message, begin typing the first 3 letters, then choose your signature from the popup options.

Option 2 - Saving to the Clipboard:
    1. Open a new blank message.
    2. Type your signature in the body of the message.
    3. Copy it so it is saved in your clipboard. Copy by holding your thumb on the screen until you see the "Copy" option.
    4. Delete the contents of your message and close it.
    5. Reply or open a new message for testing.
    6. Hold your thumb in the body of the message until you see "Paste/Clipboard".
    7. If you only have one item saved in the clipboard, then just choose paste. If you have additional items in the clipboard, choose Clipboard, and then the signature.

I also find this useful when you want to provide a commonly used phrase or something like my home or work address which would take longer to type than paste.

Option 3 - Adding as a Quick Response
    1. To add to "Quick Responses", choose Settings.
    2. Under the Device tab, choose Applications.
    3. Messages
    4. Quick responses
    5. Type a new response and then hit the plus sign to the right to add.
    6. When you are in a message, hit "More" at the top right.
    7. Quick responses
    8. Pick your response.
    DevineIvy1908 likes this.
    12-11-2015 11:29 AM
    Thank you very much!!!! I did option #1 and 2 and both work great!!!! BUT we shouldn't have to add our signature to every message especially if its a business phone!!!
    12-23-2015 04:57 AM
    Thank you so much for posting that. Its about time someone replies to a message and actually ANSWERS the question instead of putting their two cents in or talking about something completely different. I appreciate you saving me time because I was searching and searching. Thanks again.
    03-02-2016 06:56 AM
    Go to Settings/Applications/Messages

You can turn it on and off from there.
    03-03-2016 05:24 AM
    That does not work for the Samsung Note 5 guess we will have to wait for an update
    03-04-2016 09:23 AM
    i have a note 4 and getting the note 5 would like to know how to add signature sms
    03-21-2016 11:43 AM
    I've saved my signature (which contains a picture as well as office address, email, phones, etc) as a picture, and then I just attach the picture when I need to identify myself. Not glamorous but it works.
    03-30-2016 12:41 PM
    I just purchased my new Note 5 last week. Service Rep never mentioned it didn't have a signature tool.
    A big deal for me as I am a business owner and I want my business name on every text, as so much business is done these days.

I think Option 3 works the best in this situation. Option 1 wouldn't let me add but a certain amount of characters and would not allow me to add a new line. I copy and paste other items all the time.

Thanks for your help Nellie! Much appreciated!
    LeAnne
    06-02-2016 11:01 AM
    I have owned every Note except the first one. I bought 5 yesterday. You usually go to SETTINGS and click SIGNATURE. Not so in Note 5. If anyone has an idea on how or if you can do it, I would appreciate it.
    Note 5 does not put this function on you need to change your messenger. I have found Verizon messenger which can be used with any carrier has that option on it under advanced to add a signature. Furthermore it has a notification numbers as well as a whole bunch of options that Samsung's messenger does not have. It's the highest rated messenger program on Android platform.
    06-11-2016 12:13 PM
    Just setting up my Note 5 and could not find the signature selection for Txt. Called AT&T who transferred me to Samsung. Technician said adding a signature to a txt was left out of the Note 5 operating system. He added my desire to the list of possible things to be added to the next update and wished me a good day. So don't keep searching for the signature for SMS. You won't find it.
    I can't believe that the company chose to take off the Signature in the Note 5 one of the most requested ....you should reconsider putting it back as a feature
    11-27-2016 11:34 PM
    I can't believe that the company chose to take off the Signature in the Note 5 one of the most requested ....you should reconsider putting it back as a feature
    Then you should consider sending feedback to Samsung through their website. There is nobody from Samsung (officially) browsing this forum.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-28-2016 04:48 AM
    You may not even have to go to the website to give feedback. Open the Messaging app, tap More, and look for a Help & Feedback option.
    11-29-2016 01:14 AM