What could be making my phone use 20 gigs of data in one week?

A

AC Question

What could be making my phone use 20 gigs of data in 1 week

I got an alert from tmobile that I had used 10 gigs of data in 7 days. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It also used up 10 gigs of data today in less than 8 hours. So a total of 20 gigs in 1 week. I don't watch videos, don't play music, and use wifi when I am home. I downloaded Onavu and it said that my OS has used up 7 gigs of data just today alone. I've had this phone for a few months and had never had a problem. I only ever use about 5 gigs A MONTH!!! T-Mobile opened up a ticket with their tech department but it's going to take a few days. I turned off my mobile data and am just using wifi until I figure out what's happening. Has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: What could be making my phone use 20 gigs of data in 1 week

my OS has used up 7 gigs of data just today alone.
That sounds like apps being auto-updated. Turn that off, or set it for update using wifi only (in the Play app).

I've had this phone for a few months and had never had a problem. I only ever use about 5 gigs A MONTH!!! T-Mobile opened up a ticket with their tech department but it's going to take a few days. I turned off my mobile data and am just using wifi until I figure out what's happening. Has anyone ever experienced this?
I've seen it with Straight Talk, but let's just say that the users weren't downloading that much data. (It used to happen about 10 years ago, but a few carriers got "friendly reminders" from 12th Street, SW in DC and stopped doing it.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae