How do I delete the Cloud from my Samsung Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

Is there a simply easy way to do this? I'm using Drive to back up all my pictures now

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"The cloud" is a concept, not a thing*. Google Drive is the cloud. Dropbox is the cloud. As B. Diddy said, Verizon Cloud is the cloud. (Almost everyone has cloud servers up these days.)

*Back in the day, all you had was a dial-up terminal. The computer - all of it - was remote. We were so happy when the computer came to the desktop and all our data was where we were, not someplace a phone call away. Now we're going back in time. Data is kept on the cloud and, with computers like the Chromebook, even the programs aren't local any more. Back(wards) to the future.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you are in fact referring to Verizon Cloud, then it probably can't be uninstalled, since it's preinstalled bloatware. You'd have to root the phone in order to do so. You could try disabling it in the App Manager, by selecting Verizon Cloud and seeing if the Disable button can be pressed. This won't remove the app from the phone's storage, but would prevent it from opening and taking up any active RAM.