Samsung S4 text message attachment virus?

A

AC Question

Recently while in a text message chat with my sister, she sent me an attachment (no message attached). I tried to open it thinking she sent me a picture. I couldn't open it but thought it was related to the fact that I had turned off my data was I was about to go over and was not connected to wifi. Later I found out that she had NOT sent me that message. It was very strange as we were in the middle of a chat when I received it. Since then I have receive 4 more messages like that from "her".

In the last two days I have now received the same message twice from another friend, who also did not actually send it to me.

How is this possible?

There's more. Just after I receive the ones from my sister, I noticed that I was having problems uploading videos from my gallery to instagram. As my phone would send the video to instagram, I would get a little popup that would say "Currently unable to play this video. Stop the other video and try again". What other video????? What is this message talking about? I have tried restarting my phone, uninstalling instagram and reinstalling it, but I still get this message.

Has anyone heard of this problem before? Suggestions on how to fix it?
Thanks so much!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I would try a cache clear in settings>storage. Click on the cached data part, and it will prompt if that is what you want to do. After that, do another restart.