cant find location of downloaded tivo videos?

T

Timoty

I am trying to find out where the tivo app (in this case a cogeco specific tivo app) stores downloaded videos on my note 4. I have tried to locate this and have searched online to no avail. The files must be going to a hidden directory. I have used file explorer to try to locate the file (it's 1gb so it should not be easy to miss) but after hours of searching I have had no luck. And I can't find the answer online. Perhaps because this is a fairly new feature of tivo. It's been available on apple but is new to android.

doysheaf

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Any luck? having the same issue. Added a 32 GB card to my old s4, but I can't really download any Tivo shows to my internal storage because they are all too big.

Phone is not rooted, not comfortable with the process.

An SD storage option would be great. I have seen this on other apps (even the camera let's me choose)

netgurujim

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I talked to TIVO support about this--they say the content vendors demand that the files only be stored on internal memory to prevent being able to copy them. So don't expect this feature to be available.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They're probably in /data/data/tivo/<somewhere> - which you can't access unless you're the TIVO app or the phone is rooted. (And they're probably stored in a format only the TIVO app can play.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm