What phone should I purchase £200-250?

A

AC Question

What phone should I purchase £200-250

Hi all,

I am about to purchase a new phone however I am stuck on which phone to pick. I am considering the lg g3, the moto x play or the samsung galaxy A5. Any advice or other phones in that price point would be greatly appreciated!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: What phone should I purchase £200-250

Welcome to AC.

What things are important to you in a phone? Then perhaps we can narrow it down.

Posted via the Android Central App

SuperRobotWars

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Apologies, I have just made an account.
The most important aspects in a phone for me is it's processing power and speed. I like to have as little delay as possible and to quickly multi-task between different apps. Also the camera has to be well rounded and the battery should last a day.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Out of the list you provided I would say the LG G3 is a good shout, but the Moto X Play is just new and future proof for at least a couple of years. A few reviews I've read about the Play state that it has some lag, but this could be resolved with a software update. Then again some people on the forum haven't had any lag.

SuperRobotWars

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply the tall guy! Yeah the LG G3 was considered by many a great smartphone of 2014. The display is beautiful and the camera although 13 megapixels made some stunning shots and could record video in 4k. However I've heard people say it lags after a few months and the battery is drained very quickly by that Quad HD screen. The moto x play is solid contender as it has pure stock android which I love but only has a snapdragon 615. And I know the one plus one seems like an obvious choice in terms of specs but it is not covered by an EU warranty of 2 years :(

Last edited: