Price Tag for new Sony Z5 phones look quite out rages in the U.K.!

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Would you still pay that much for a phone though? Seriously with carriers moving away from contracts and consumers having to pay full price of the device, shouldn't manufacturers start focusing on what really matters in a phone and start making reasonably priced devices while still keeping some decent, good amount of specs? Does this affect your choice of which device you will buy next? And whether you will purchase your next device as often as you used too?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Dr. Johnson buying shoe buckles in 1778:
'They had some difficulty in finding the shop, for, as Johnson complained, ' "To direct one only to a corner shop is toying with one." . . . This choosing of silver buckles was a negociation: "Sir, (said he,) I will not have the ridiculous large ones now in fashion; and I will give no more than a guinea for a pair." Such were the principles of the business; and, after some examination he was fitted.'

Similarly, I will not pay above £500 for a phone. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that to me is pretty ridiculous. I for once think my current phone will be the one I keep until it dies and I am forced to buy a new one. I think getting a new phone every year or every two for that matter is kind of pointless, especially with third party apps getting better and better each year. Take for example the new feature Samsung added with the Galaxy S6 Edge, theirs an app for that and it works much better. I think mid-range phones are getting better and better each year and that fact that they are half the cost of "flagship" phones for they offer that to me is a bargain. I only went with the Galaxy S6 because I wanted a great camera as I'm starting to take more and more pictures with my phone than I do with my camera otherwise I would have gone for a much cheaper phone or older model.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I agree about the mid-range phones....manufacturers are producing more and more of them. They are not as good as the flagships, but the differences may not matter to some users. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
That's very true. I myself don't know how much a mid-range phone would be for me, but seeing how much I love high-end devices I don't know if they would be a good choice for me, but I for sure would not pay so much for a phone either. By time I decide to upgrade I'll at least have enough money saved up to get my next phone. This days you can't really live without a phone but you can sure wait a few generations before getting the new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol