So i am a senior in highschool and our school has an open wifi, anyone can connect to it through their phones or laptops. But it has a pretty strong firewall so no one can use the internet to play games or search non-educational things on the web. So if you do, it just wont load or if you try to play any apps it just wont load. So i have a vpn on my phone and i connect to the schools wifi then i connect to the vpn. When im connect to the vpn i can get passed all firewalls and use the internet freely, im not sure why this is like this too. So i can search the web and play any phone app i want with no restricts. But apparently doing anything to bypass the schools wifi firewall can get you suspended. So i was wondering if they could catch me?
    09-03-2015 09:32 PM
    1. The school can block the VPN's address, so that will stop working.

2. They can monitor what you're doing and find out where you've been. (Students in school don't have the same civil rights as people not in a school.) Then they can confiscate your phone (even permanently), kick you out of school, charge your parents for any virus problems their network has, any hardware or software problem anything ON the network has (go prove it's not your fault), etc., etc., to the point that you don't want to know.

Save non-learning online activities for when you're not in school. Playing Russian roulette with a 5 chambered revolver with 4 bullets isn't a good idea - and that's what you're doing, except that your odds are worse.
    09-04-2015 01:05 AM
    How could they see what hes doing if he is connected to a vpn? and find out who you are
    09-04-2015 10:31 AM