Why can't I upload more than 20 images right from a MMS message?

A

AC Question

Can't upload more than 20 images right from a MMS message...

Hi everyone,
I'm having some trouble, someone sent me some images via MMS. There would be about a dozen MMS messages all with varying amount of images on them ranging from 22 images through to 39 images. I desperately need to get them onto my computer and/or print them out. The issue arises when I try to share them, they always only send 20 images from that particular text. Occasionally also, (depending on who I try to upload to), it will overwrite any images that already have the same name (somehow all these images have the same or similar names). Any advise how I can get these off my phone and onto a computer?
TH

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't upload more than 20 images right from a MMS message...

1. Maximum MMS size, including all images and text, is 1MB. If they're sending them from an Apple device they don't have that limit, so you could be getting larger MMS packages than your carrier will handle. (Apple doesn't go through the carrier for messaging, they use Apple's server.)

If you get a 2MB MMS and try to send it back, you can't. You'll have to send it as separate texts, with 1MB or less in each, send it as an email (if it doesn't exceed 25MB) or post it on a cloud account and send the link if it's larger than 25MB.

2. Saving a picture with the same name as one that's already there should result in a popup asking what you want to do. You can't have 2 files with the same name in the same place.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01