Android Go phone without a Gmail account, how can I remove the Gmail account?

A

AC Question

Android Go phone without a Gmail account

I gave my daughter my old android phone to be used with AT&T Go Phone plan. I would like to delete all my Gmail or downloaded apps on that phone, otherwise she has access to my email.

I saw that "factory reset" is the only way to remove Gmail account. She is not old enough to have an email account and we try to keep her from email as long as possible. Can I do a "factory reset" and still be able to use it as Go Phone to make call and send text message? Can she download free app or add contact after reset and without Gmail account?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android Go phone without a Gmail account

Welcome to Android Central! I suggest installing a kid-safe launcher, like Kids Place, which gives her access to apps that you choose. Since the Google account will still be yours, you can control what's installed or not.

Edsdaughter

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't think he answered your question. I was trying to delete my account as well on my gophone, because I am donating it. Here is how it is done. Go to settings at bottom of screen. Then scroll down to the "accounts" block. I think it will also say "google." Touch that screen and it will give you the option of deleting the account. It worked for me. Hope it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar