Why does my Droid Turbo go to a white screen?

A

AC Question

Droid Turbo going to blank white screen when sits in my pocket. I'm not sitting on it.

It also goes to white screen when putting on the Otter Box protector. I then have to try turning the phone on and off numerous times before it clears. Even was fortunate to have phone turn off when I was trying to clear the screen and it was ok when phone rebooted. Sales rep at Verizon store was shown the problem and he experienced the same thing when trying to put the protector on the phone.

After I got the phone to clear and reboot, I tried to wipe off the screen with cloth towel and it went back to the white screen again.

What can I do besides calling the customer service number as the sales rep told me to do since I have a 1yr manufacturer warranty.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My guess would be some problem with the screen--either the screen itself or a connection. The pressure that's being applied to the screen while it's in your pocket or when you're cleaning it might be triggering the problem. I'd go with the warranty repair--as long as there's no obvious sign of damage (in which case they probably won't honor the warranty).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34