Can I get some help unrooting my LG G4?

A

AC Question

Lg G4 unroot question vzw

I recently bought a used lg g4 with only 2 weeks use, when i got the phone it was already rooted. How can i find out what was changed on the phone im fine with it staying rooted it just seems to loose battery charge too fast and gets hot when installing apps, is this common on g4 or has the previous owner messed with cpu speed? If its only rooted would anything happen if i tried to update the phone with a new update comes out?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lg G4 unroot question vzw

1. To check th CPU speed, there are CPU speed apps. Just install one and look. If the speed is greater than the rating, dial it down.

2. An update should fail on a rooted phone. It checks to see if the ROM is the stock one and fails if it isn't, then it checks to see if there are any signs that the ROM has ever been rooted and fails if it has. If it passes those two tests, it starts the real update. So wht would happen is that the update will fail and you'll be left with some time wasted.

To update, flash the stock ROM (I prefer using the LG Mobile Flash Tool, but some people prefer using the LG Mobile Support Tool - they use different files for the same version, the formats of the files are different. It's just a personal preference - the Flash tool is closer in appearance to the Samsung flash program, which I use a lot.) Then it should update. If you want to root that, check on the forums at Verizon LG G4 - XDA Forums for assistance. It takes time after an update comes out until someone finds a way to root it, and they usually post on XDA first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy