Anyone having issues with their Youtube app being REALLY slow?

A

AC Question

So when trying to watch Youtube videos on my Galaxy Note 5, I've noticed it's been extremely slow the past day or so. As in it's taking FOREVER to buffer an HD video. This has happened on numerous wifi networks so I know it's not simply a matter of my home wifi signal being terrible. Anyone else experiencing this? And anyone know if there is a fix?

mempto

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it's terribly slow over wifi and mobile network. I don't know what's wrong...it was working mostly fine a few days ago but as of yesterday videos take forever to load and are constantly buffering. This wouldn't be a hardware issue would it? All my other phone usage is buttery smooth as you would expect on the Note 5. It's just the dang youtube app...

mempto

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
OK so I figured it out...my youtube streaming was being throttled by the Opera Max app. I turned it off, and now my youtube viewing is back to normal. Thanks for the replies guys!

RV Van Life

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
What helped me to fix my slow You Tube problems was to turn on Data Saver, :do this by opening the Chrome app touch on the 3 dots at the top to open the menu, scroll the menu until you see the word "SETTINGS" click on that , then scroll that menu down until you see the word "DATA SAVER" click on that, there you will see a slide switch, turn it on , it may fix the problem, hope it helped

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance