How do I uninstall 5.0 from my HTC One M7?

A

AC Question

About a week and a half ago I decided that I would finally upgrade to Android 5.0 on my trusty HTC One M7. I'd had a bad feeling about it for some reason, but I figured they'd had enough time to iron out the kinks.
Never again will I ignore my instincts. I had no idea any 'update' could be such a complete catastrophe. I could spend ten minutes listing the problems I'm having, but suffice it to say my phone is effectively inoperable - I don't even think I could make a 911 call without it getting dropped. It's that bad.
I know there's no official way to downgrade the OS, but I'm done waiting to see if the developers do anything about it. If I don't get 5.0 off soon I'm going to end up reviewing its flight capabilities.

The real problem is that I've tried looking up how to do this already, but I have no idea what the heck I'm reading in what little I've found specific to my model. I'm not a tech person; I don't get the jargon. I've never done anything to my phone beyond manually removing some of the included apps I didn't want, so if someone would be kind enough to just walk me through the process of putting some form of 4.4.4 back on my phone I would really appreciate it. Thanks.