Amazon updating, Verizon s6

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Every time I turn around, it seems like Amazon is updating.
3 times today alone I've looked on my windowshade, it's said "Amazon downloaded"
Any idea as to why?

Joe
Kalispell, MT
Verizon, 64g galaxy s6

Joe
Kalispell, MT
Verizon, 64g galaxy s6

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which Amazon app do you have--the older Amazon Appstore, the newer Amazon Underground, or something else? Is it actually updating apps you installed from the Amazon Appstore? Or is it trying to update the Appstore app itself?

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Which Amazon app do you have--the older Amazon Appstore, the newer Amazon Underground, or something else? Is it actually updating apps you installed from the Amazon Appstore? Or is it trying to update the Appstore app itself?

I have what is probably Amazon underground (used to be a shipping cart icon, now it looks like a basketball, and I think I have the appstore installed also.
However, I have no idea which one the download is referring to. All that it says is something like "Amazon has updated" or "Amazon has downloaded"
I can remember the exact verbiage
Joe

Joe
Kalispell, MT
Verizon, 64g galaxy s6

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check your App Manager. If you have Amazon Underground, you don't need Amazon Appstore, and can uninstall the latter.

When you get that Amazon download notification, swipe down the notification panel and long-press the notification. It should give you the option to find out which app is responsible for the notification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma